Wow… I checked my messages this rainy afternoon on The Pond and found something that made this Mama Frog’s heart smile. I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Rachael Neville from Life is a Beautiful Mess. I am fairly new to blogging for an audience and this means a lot to me! I have been challenged to leave 11 random facts about me as well as the answers to 11 questions and then pass this on to some of my favorite small blogs! Challenge accepted…
FACTS ABOUT ME:
I love yarn of all shapes and sizes. In fact this is quite an obsession.
Babywearing is something I never was able to master until Tiny Tadpole and I wish I had worn all the Froglets.
My favorite author was Stephen King long before I moved to Maine.
Some of my very best friends are either from high school (havent seen them in YEARS) or friends I made on the internet.
We should have 8 Froglets not 6.
City of Lost Children is my favorite movie of all time.
I have a weakness for foreign films that are bizzare- Delicatessen, City of Lost Children, Pan’s Labyrinth.
Deadpool is my favorite comic book dude. I love the fact that he can see beyond the 4th wall and is a smart aleck.
I play a hunter on World of Warcraft and have recreationally for many years.
I am the oldest of 4 siblings, but have not spoken to any of my family in many years.
I am lucky enough to be married to the love of my life and have been through many trials that frequently tear marriages apart, including the loss of a child.
What or who inspired you to start blogging?
My Froglets inspire everything I do. I wanted a place where I could share our crazy life with family and friends who live too far away to be a day to day part of it, and where I can keep track of all the craziness that is Pond Life.
What do you enjoy writing about the most?
I love writing about the Froglets and their adventures. The things they do never cease to amaze me and I am constantly amazed and in awe of the incredible people they are.
What Season is your favorite and why?
Fall is by far my favorite season. I used to love winter, but losing our son on Christmas Day in 2004, made winter taste very bitter to me. I find fall to be the calm before the storm. I also love love love Halloween and the changing of the leaves and the crispness in the air. It feels like a promise to me.
Who inspires you most?
There are so many people who inspire me, but of the people who inspires me the absolute most is my Aunt Ro. She is an incredible, gracious, kind and generous woman. She has raised awesome kids and constantly finds the time to be a blessing to those around her. I can honestly say that her joy is infectious and she has been an inspiration to me of what I want my family to look like. She has had unwavering love and support for me when everyone else in my life abandoned me and for that I will forever be thankful.
What is your greatest passion in life?
My greatest passion in life is my family. They mean everything to me and are the reason I do the things I do. I want them to grow old knowing that I love them and that they will always have a place in my heart.
Questions for my nominated blogs:
1. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
2. What is the one thing you wish you had known 5 years ago?
3. Who is your favorite author and why?
4. What is your favorite way to spend your downtime?
5. What is the one thing you wish people did not assume about you?
6. What is one tradition you have started with your family?
7. What is one thing you want to learn how to do?
8. Are you a tennis shoe, sandal or barefoot kind of guy/gal?
9. What is your favorite holiday and why?
10. What is your favorite thing about fall and why?
11. What made you choose the name you did for your blog?
The rules are as follows:
The Liebster Award :Here are the ‘official’ rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link
to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in
your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a
“gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save
the image to your own computer and then upload it to
your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be
provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the
award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that
you can always ask the blog owner this since not all
blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste
from here.) Once you have written and published it, you
then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they
have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide
a link for them to your post so that they can learn about
it (they might not have ever heard of it!)